Since I’m moving on Saturday I thought I’d do thirteen things I’m going to miss and not miss about my apartment
1. I’m going to miss my en-suite bathroom
I’m not going to miss the lack of storage space
2. I’m going to miss my walk in closet
I’m not going to miss not being able to do laundry at an hour I want
3. I’m going to miss the central location where I’m in walking distance from almost anything
I’m not going to miss how loud living in a central location is.
4. I’m going to miss not being responsible for repairing things that break in here
I’m not going to miss the loud, high-pitched hum my fridge makes when it’s cooling
5. I’m going to miss the cool underground parking
I’m not going to miss having to lug two children to and from the underground parking, it’s a long walk
6. I’m going to miss Silas’ little buddy on the deck below that he plays with
I’m not going to miss having to be conscious of people below me. I’m going to jump all over my new house
7. I’m going to miss my open floor plan and being able to keep an eye on my kids from almost every room
I’m not going to miss not being able to renovate or make the place look more like my own
8. I’m going to miss only paying 800 bucks a month instead of our mortgage and maintenance fees we’ll be paying soon
I’m not going to miss having to take a hike to take the garbage out (even though hubby does it)
9. I’m going to miss living in a corner unit with all the windows
I’m not going to miss the gross air freshener smell that haunts the elevator
10. I’m going to miss not having to care about keeping this ugly old carpet in top shape…because it’s being ripped out anyway
I’m not going to miss having a gross old carpet to have to walk around on
11. I’m going to miss being able to order any kind of food I want delivered to my door
I’m not going to miss not having a door bell…people knock so quietly
12. I’m going to miss the added security of living high up and being in a locked building
I’m not going to miss the garbage truck that comes every morning and smashes around right below my bedroom window
13. And finally, I’m going to miss our landlady, she’s so stinking nice
I’m not going to miss paying some stupid rich guy loads of cash when I could be putting that money towards my future.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Yay for getting your own place! 🙂 Upgrading from an apartment to a house is so worth it, even if it is way more responsibility!
Sounds like you’re moving from an apartment to a house! Cool! Apartments definitely have their advantages, but houses are great!
I hate moving….good luck with that. You can look at it as a new beginning though:)
Good luck on your move! I’m sure it will turn out well. At least you now have a place you can call your very own.
Happy Thursday dear!
Moving is not fun – but having your own house is amazing! I’ve now been in my house for 4 years and I’ve loved every minute of it!